Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Conventions and Conferences

I would love to hear from mystery writers or fans who have attended conventions/conferences.

I have never been to a mystery convention, but have signed up to attend this year's "Bloody Words" event in Toronto (end of May). I am also thinking about maybe going to Bouchercon, Left Coast Crime, and Killer Nashville. I likely would not be able to afford to go to all three, but I intend to check out at least one or two others.

What are your thoughts on conventions? Have you made good industry connections? Have you had a chance to meet with fans? Were you able to sell (many) books?

I'm sure the events themselves are fun, and no doubt there is much to be learned about crime fiction. But what I'd like to know is from a businees (rather than social) point of view, do you feel they are worth the price of admission (and flight and hotel and...)

Please leave comments about your experiences - I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment